Citation style recommendation

Dear All,

I would like to ask about the citation style recommendation.
As you know, most of the citations have Authors should be listed surname first, followed by a comma and initials of given names for the reference.
We are commonly liked to use a given name for reference and article in our country.
if the reference has DOI. I guess that it is no problem to count a citation number from any style of reference.
is there any recommendation for journal citation style? or is it no problem of authors names, for example, Jonh, S or S.John,

1 Like

Hi @cybermon. Welcome to the community forum! Thanks for your question.

Some foundational information first:

1. Including at least one author increases the chance a citation will be matched with a Crossref metadata record or DOI, and allows authors to receive credit for their work.

2. All citation elements are optional, but please submit as much information as possible to help us match your citations to DOIs accurately.

3. We know that certain citation styles have different matching characteristics when we go to match your reference with DOIs registered with us.

You’re free to select the citation style that best meets your needs. Our citation matching algorithm is equipped to match on a wide variety of citation styles. So, there isn’t one we recommend over another.

If you’d like to learn more, I highly recommend these blog posts by my colleague Dominika Tkaczyk, our Principal R&D Developer, wrote about reference matching. She goes into great detail about what’s involved in ensuring an accurate match.

Best,
Isaac

1 Like