CRediT taxonomy/author contribution

Hi, I’m doing some work getting author contribution data into our CRIS (Elements), does anyone know whether there are any plans to include this data in a metadata feed?
We have fields for using the CRediT taxonomy but has to be entered manually at present. Several of the big publishers include it in final print versions, so would be good to be able to import it.

Hi Nicola,

We’re in the planning stages of expanding our support for contributor roles - this will include taxonomies like CRediT. Unfortunately I don’t have a date for when we’ll be able to support this, but can confirm that we do intend to expand the contributor roles we collect in the future.

Best,

Patricia

1 Like

Hi Patricia,

I was just wondering if there is any new information about support for CRediT in CrossRef, and ideally in collaboration with ORCID so that aggregated contribution information can be made available there.

Thanks,
Dan

2 Likes

Hi Patricia,

I’m just following up on this query, do you have any new information? This is data we would like to be able to collect in our CRIS and surface in our IR.

Many thanks

Nicola

Just adding a +1 on this query. We’ve been awaiting this was well.

1 Like

I should have more info on supporting CRediT very soon,we’re going to start piloting new roles metadata within a few weeks. I will update this thread when details are available.

2 Likes

That would be great as we have been pestering about this for some time. It will be a real help for us.

1 Like