Where do I get the DOIs for My Journal

Hi
I am looking for the web deposit form to sign up for DOI for our journal.
I cant seem to find it and also cannot locate how much does it cost?

Hello,

Thank you for your post.

If you already have a prefix with us then you can find and deposit DOIs through the Web Deposit Form. You can find out the fees involved with content registration here: Fees - Crossref

If you do not have a prefix or account with Crossref then you would need to become a member with us to deposit the content.

Do let me know if you don’t have an account and we can send you over details on how to apply.

I hope this helps and if you have any further question or queries on this then please do not hesitate to contact us again.

Many thanks,

Paul

Thanks Paul!
I do not have a prefix as yet. Could you be kind enough to send me a step by step guide to acquire membership first so I can send the DOIs later?
Thanks

To obtain a DOI (Digital Object Identifier) for your journal, you typically need to register through a DOI Registration Agency. The most common DOI Registration Agency is Crossref. Here’s a general guide on how to obtain a DOI for your journal through Crossref:

1. Create an Account:
  • Visit the Crossref website: Crossref.
  • Create an account if you don’t have one. If you already have an account, log in.
  1. Deposit Metadata:
  • After logging in, you’ll need to deposit metadata for your content. This includes information like titles, authors, publication dates, etc.
  • This can usually be done through the Crossref Metadata Manager.
  1. Pay the Fee:
  • There is typically a fee associated with obtaining a DOI through Crossref. The fees can vary based on the type of content and your organization type.
  • You should be able to find information on current fees on the Crossref website or in the account management section.
  1. Complete the Deposit:
  • Follow the steps provided on the Crossref website to complete the deposit process.