Doi not working

The problem that we encounter:
after changing the hosting server the DOI link of every articles stopped working and redirecting to “DOI Not Found” page.
we tried the following solutions:
1- submitting the articles from import/export tab and we got error “Validation errors: Failed to locate the main schema resource at…”
2- we uploaded xml file manually to Crossref and it was successful.
3- in php file configuration we set the allow_url_fopen= on, yet did not fix the problem.
4- we check the confidential username and password and it is correct

please, we apricate any help regard this problem.
we are on hold for the last two months because of this issue

Hi @jojo ,

Thanks for your message, and welcome to the community forum. Can you provide me with your username and/or DOI prefix? Also, do you have examples of DOIs that were resolving correctly, but are now resolving to a ‘DOI NOT FOUND’ page when changing the DOI link?

Thanks in advance,
Isaac

Hello. thanks for your response
the DOI prefix: 10.25130
samples of articles:
the state of these links a submit
10.25130/poltic.v0i21.237
10.25130/poltic.v0i21.240

but these links even when we submit them manually we got the xml error
10.25130/poltic.v0i26.309
10.25130/poltic.v0i25.297

Hi @jojo,

Thanks for these examples. DOIs 10.25130/poltic.v0i25.297 and 10.25130/poltic.v0i26.309 have never been registered. You can confirm this by resolving the DOIs: https://doi.org/10.25130/poltic.v0i25.297 and https://doi.org/10.25130/poltic.v0i26.309. As you can see, both of those DOI links are resolving to ‘DOI NOT FOUND’ errors on doi.org.

I looked through your recent submissions and do not see any failures for those two DOIs. How did you attempt to register them? Do you have XML you can share with me for those DOIs? If so, I’d be happy to investigate what might be causing the registration errors.

Thanks in advance,
Isaac

Hello,
I register them using OJS plugin
xml error.txt (5.0 KB)
this file contain the xml error when i try to submit them manually

Thanks for the .txt file.

I have two questions as a follow-up:

1. are you submitting these to us using the tikrit username? I see that the depositor name in the XML is entered as aziz. I ask because both of those usernames are in our system. Only tikrit is associated with prefix 10.25130, so I assume that is the one being used in your registrations, but wanted to confirm?

2. I’m looking in our system for the submission associated with this .txt file. Do you happen to have the submission ID from our system for that submission? Or, do you know the filename, as you submitted it to us?

thanks for the extra details,
Isaac

I was searching for the same Issue. Thanks for sharing this information. It was useful.

Hi @Aaron6377 . Thanks for posting. Do you have any outstanding questions about these DOI NOT FOUND errors and your content that I can help clarify?

Welcome to the forum,
Isaac

Good day

Did you by any chance get this issue resolved as it has just come to my attention that the same issue is on the journal I am working on.

Good day

We are experiencing the same issue - our DOI is 10.17570. Has there been any resolution to this problem?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Kind regards

Hi @Amanda ,

A DOI that is resolving to the DOI NOT FOUND error on doi.org is not registered with us. That’s the problem.

There may be different reasons that a DOI is not registered, for example:

1. There is a typo in a DOI posted on a page or references online and an end user is attempting to resolve a DOI that the member did not and is not registering;
  2. One of our members may have failed to register a DOI because they didn’t understand the registration process and never submitted any metadata to us;
  3. One of our members may have intended to register a DOI, but their registration attempts failed (this can be caused by a range of problems - bad XML, title-level discrepancies, bad characters in the DOI itself, etc.);
  4. The member in question is suspended (e.g., they haven’t paid their outstanding invoices) and cannot register their DOIs with us because their account suspension is prevent registration.
  5. Very occasionally there may be a technical issue on our end that is slowing the registration process (usually by minutes or hours; almost never days) and causing a lag in the registration process.

The solution to fixing a DOI that has not been registered with us, for our active members, is to register it. For a member who is suspended, paying the outstanding invoice will result in us reinstating the ability to register your DOIs with us (and, thus, you’ll be able to register the DOI(s) in question).

Amanda, I see that you filed a ticket in our support desk yesterday. I’m working on a response about your specific situation now. Look for an email from me shortly.

-Isaac