Problem in Article title in ORCID record

Hi,

We started to submit ORCID of authors (Journal: Veterinary World) from Metadata Manager since April 2020 but we are facing a problem in article name in the ORCID record of authors. It shows issue month instead of article title. We have this problem for all the ORCIDs since April 2020. I have pasted the screenshot here for your reference. Please guide me how to fix this problem.

1 Like

Hi @Anjum,

Thanks for this one. Yes, this is an issue with the volume title being pulled into ORCID instead of the article title. We have an existing Gitlab issue for our technical team to prioritize and fix here: https://gitlab.com/crossref/issues/-/issues/713

I have added your example to the Gitlab issue.

I’ll update this thread when we have prioritized this fix.

My best,
Isaac

1 Like

Hi @ifarley,

Thank you very much. I hope that this issue will be fixed as soon as possible.

Anjum

1 Like

Hi @ifarley,

Still, we are facing the problem with ORCID and it shows issue title instead of article title. I request you to do the needful to solve it on priority basis.

Regards,
Anjum

1 Like

Hi @Anjum ,

Thanks for following up. Unfortunately, we have not yet prioritized this work. If we see more examples from other affected members, we would certainly increase this priority.

My best,
Isaac

1 Like

@ifarley,

Thank you. But it should be solved at any time because this problem arise from the system and not from our end.

Regards,
Anjum

1 Like

Yes, you’re absolutely right @Anjum. This error is a bug on our end. Unfortunately, we just have not yet been able to prioritize this fix ahead of others.

1 Like

Hi Anjum,

We deployed a fix for this problem yesterday - ORCID auto-update pulling in issue-level title into ORCID record instead of article title (#713) · Issues · crossref / Issue Tracker · GitLab. I have resubmitted the metadata to correct the ORCID record for DOI 10.14202/vetworld.2020.706-715. The correction is now live in the contributor’s ORCID record: https://orcid.org/0000-0001-5784-6179

My best,
Isaac

1 Like